Welcome to my blog! This blog is a tool that I am using in an effort to lose weight. My hope is that by publicly tracking my weight and my efforts to reduce it, I will do just that. However, there is more to my life than just trying to lose weight. Along the way, I will share some of that also. Thanks for reading.

About Me

My photo
South Jordan, Utah
I am the husband of one,and the father of four. Most days I even like them all. I love them every day.

Saturday, November 6, 2010

A GREAT DAY FOR PLAYING FOOTBALL, NOT SO FOR WATCHING

My day started off with a couple hours of volunteer service.  Herriman was hosting some of the state playoff football games today.  I was assigned to walk the fence line watching for people trying to hop over, and kindly remind them that they needed to pay to get in.  I was the bouncer.  That's what you get for being such a big, muscular, intimidating figure.  What else would they do with me, stick me in concessions?  One look at me and they probably thought they better keep me away from the food.  I must have looked the part, as nobody attempted to climb over the fence.  Either that, or they figured it was a lot easier to pay the $3 than to try climbing over the fence while carrying chairs, coolers, etc. and then having to scale down a 10 foot rock wall.

After my service hours were complete, it was time to watch Austin's game.  It was time to get some revenge on the Alta Hawks.  Alta beat us earlier in the year, in a close overtime game.  Austin's team has gotten so much better since that game.  Each week they are a noticeably better team.  It has been a lot of fun to watch Austin learn the game.  Today, we dominated the game.  Alta scored a touchdown in the last minute to make it seem closer than it should have been.  We beat them 27-20, and will now play Brighton next week for the state championship.

After the game and a trip to In-N-Out burger, which Heidi correctly predicted Austin would ask for after his game, it was home to watch the University of Utah game on TV.  This should have been a good game to watch.  A good ending to this day of football. Utah was ranked #5 in the nation and TCU #3.  Unfortunately, the game got out of control quickly and the Utes never had a chance.  When I woke up from my nap, Utah was losing 40-0 before going on to lose 47-7.  Oh well, you can't win them all.

My day ended in the pool.  Heidi has already finished with her swimming for the Ironman.  I still have a long ways to go, having completed only 28 of the 170 laps.  Tonight I was able to get a little closer.  Make that, a lot closer.  When they closed the pool I had swum 74 more laps, a little over one mile.  So I now have 102 of the 170 laps completed.  Who says I can't swim?  I do.  But I'm getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment