Welcome to my blog! This blog is a tool that I am using in an effort to lose weight. My hope is that by publicly tracking my weight and my efforts to reduce it, I will do just that. However, there is more to my life than just trying to lose weight. Along the way, I will share some of that also. Thanks for reading.

About Me

My photo
South Jordan, Utah
I am the husband of one,and the father of four. Most days I even like them all. I love them every day.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

HOWLING AT THE MOON

This will be a short post, as it is now 11:46 p.m.  I just want to keep track of the efforts I am putting towards this goal of mine.  Afterall, that is the purpose of this blog.  Motivate me to exercise, and record the results.

This morning I had the hardest time getting up.  It probably didn't help that I didn't get to bed until 12:30.  After hitting the snooze bar 4 or 5 times, I just gave up and shut the whole thing off.  It was kind of funny though.  I just joined Facebook this week.  I must say that the whole thing is still kind of confusing to me.  There is so much going on the screen that my head hurts after a few minutes of looking at it.  I don't really like how it tells me everything that everyone is doing on Facebook.  "So and so are now friends."  "So and so just commented on so and so's page." etc.  This morning while I was pushing the snooze on my alarm, I was dreaming that it was posting on my Facebook page.  "Leon Huntsman has just hit the snooze bar on his alarm for the 3rd time."  So no run this morning.  But it felt good to sleep in.

After work today I had two options.  I could climb in my soft, warm bed.  Or, I could go for the run I didn't get this morning.  In my mind bed was winning.  It was cold outside.  I stopped to get gas on the way home and the breeze had me back inside the truck waiting while the gas pumped.  Too bad they don't pump your gas for you here, like they do in Oregon.  Not only was it cold, but I have to get up early again in the morning.  I am taking Brooke down to stay with her cousins in Richfield for a week.  The boys and I are going to go fishing at Snow Lake on Skyline Drive above Ephraim.  If I have to drive down that way, I am going to get some time in at one of my favorite lakes.

I chose to Win The Day.  I went for a run.  It turned out being one of my strongest runs yet.  And I got to try out my new running pants.  Probably wouldn't have been able to run out there tonight without them.  It felt great to get in 7.2 miles before the day ended.  I left 1290 calories out there howling at the midnight moon.

Now, I get to go to bed.  Give me a hot shower and I should be soundly sleeping in 30 minutes.  If you're awake at 6:00 in the morning, check my Facebook page to see if I am hitting my snooze bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment