Welcome to my blog! This blog is a tool that I am using in an effort to lose weight. My hope is that by publicly tracking my weight and my efforts to reduce it, I will do just that. However, there is more to my life than just trying to lose weight. Along the way, I will share some of that also. Thanks for reading.

About Me

My photo
South Jordan, Utah
I am the husband of one,and the father of four. Most days I even like them all. I love them every day.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

THINGS ARE LOOKING UP FOR CHASE

This morning while Chase was in school, Heidi and I had a chance to go to the rec center together.  We don't often get a chance to exercise together, but I like when we do.  She is in really good shape and it motivates me to work harder so that she doesn't have to have an overweight husband.  It's always funner to work out when you can look at a hotty.  I just don't like to run outside with her.  There is no way that I can keep up with her and only get frustrated when I try.  But, anything other than running I really enjoy doing with her.

We got there early enough to lift some weights before the spinning class began.  The class was really good today.  It was a good mix of speed and hill climbing.  Randi had us riding a good amount of the time just below our threshold and crossing our threshold to see what we're made of.  I am obviously made of fat.  But she had it running off me and pooling on the floor.  It really felt good.  The ride was designed to increase our metabolic rate to continue burning calories for hours after the ride.  Nice to know that I am still burning calories while sitting here typing this.  Thanks Randi!

When we picked up Chase from school, the first thing he was talking about was balloons.  Chase is a balloon fanatic.  That might not even explain his obsession with them enough. He will drag these balloons around with him until the air is gone or they pop.  Then he will continue to carry the deflated balloons in his pockets after that.  If he doesn't choose a profession that has something to do with balloons I will be very surprised.  He is going to end up piloting a blimp, or a hot air balloon or something else that has something to do with balloons.  He started asking for balloons yesterday.  I don't remember exactly how the topic came up.  But all night last night that was all he was talking about.  Again this morning, it was all he wanted to talk about.  I told him maybe after school we could get some and of course he didn't forget.  His school is next to my job which meant that I would have to go in all sweaty and wearing my biking shorts.  That would not be a good enough excuse for him, so I didn't even try it.  Buy balloons we did, and he is still smiling.  Balloons... $11.75, making my kids smile...priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment