Welcome to my blog! This blog is a tool that I am using in an effort to lose weight. My hope is that by publicly tracking my weight and my efforts to reduce it, I will do just that. However, there is more to my life than just trying to lose weight. Along the way, I will share some of that also. Thanks for reading.

About Me

My photo
South Jordan, Utah
I am the husband of one,and the father of four. Most days I even like them all. I love them every day.

Monday, October 18, 2010

HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN

Today is weigh day.  I was a little nervous for this weigh in.  This past week my body felt really tired.  I had pushed it pretty hard those first two weeks.  I subscribe to a couple of health/exercise magazines and they are always saying that you need to listen to your body.  My body was asking for a little bit of a break.  I did get a couple of good runs in this week, 9.25 miles last night after work, but that was it.  Not losing any weight last week after a hard week of exercise, had me a little nervous this morning.  I was just hoping that I hadn't gained any weight.  In fact, I waited until Heidi left this morning before pulling out the scale because I was afraid that I had gained.  So once she left, the scale came out.


Whew! what a relief.  This puts me a little ahead of my goal.  I wanted to weigh 225 at the end of October.  I figured if I could lose 8 pounds this first month, I would then need to average 5 pounds each month to reach my overall goal.  As excited as I am after just 3 weeks, I am cautious at the same time.  I know that the weight comes off quickly at first and becomes harder to shed as the body adjusts to the new demands being placed on it.  The challenge comes in not becoming complacent, continuing to work harder each week.  It does make it easier though when you step on the scale and see the efforts you make pay off.

So after all of the excitement this morning there was only one way to celebrate, go fishing.  Heidi had some meetings for work today, Brooke is still down in Richfield, Austin was in school,  leaving Brandon, Chase and myself on our own for the day.  I asked them last night what we were going to do today and they said fishing.  Makes a father proud.  It's moments like this that make being a parent worth while.  And this morning they hadn't changed their mind.  Fishing it would be.


not sure what Chase is doing,
but I think he's happy for his brother
fishing is only part of the fun

the only thing better than the fishing...
eating lunch


looking west
looking north

 As always, the kids out fished the dad.  In fact, dad didn't even get his own pole in the water today.  But  both of the kids were able to catch fish, so it was a success.  The whole day was a success.  Day won.

No comments:

Post a Comment