Welcome to my blog! This blog is a tool that I am using in an effort to lose weight. My hope is that by publicly tracking my weight and my efforts to reduce it, I will do just that. However, there is more to my life than just trying to lose weight. Along the way, I will share some of that also. Thanks for reading.

About Me

My photo
South Jordan, Utah
I am the husband of one,and the father of four. Most days I even like them all. I love them every day.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

SUNDAY BLOODY SUNDAY

This weekend has been pretty miserable, at least as far as the weather goes.  Saturday we woke up to rain, and it rained most of the day.  In fact, it is now Sunday night and it is still raining.  Makes it hard to get outside and get some exercise in.  Maybe I should have waited until next Spring to start this weight loss quest.  Maybe not.  I can still do this.

Rain can make it pretty miserable for kids sporting activities.  Austin had his football game at 9:00 and it rained pretty much the whole game.  Heidi and I were both soaking wet down to our underwear by the time it ended.  We might need to invest in some good umbrellas.  We have one small one that is partially functional.  It managed to keep Heidi's hair partially dry.  I was hoping to get some good pictures of Austin, but wasn't about to pull the camera out.

Austin's team still managed to play a good game against the Jordan Beetdiggers.  They jumped out to a quick 13-0 lead, and lead 13-6 at halftime.  Austin's team seems to play good first halves and struggle in the second.  They played that way again and trailed 14-13 in the 4th quarter.  They had lost all momentum and it looked like the rain would wash away any chance of winning.  They found a spark somewhere in all that wetness and played a great last half quarter, winning the game 27-14.  They have now won 3 of their 4 region games, having lost their first game to Alta in overtime.

Chase's game got cancelled due to the weather.  Considering his team mascot is the frogs, you would think they wouldn't mind playing in a little water.  They mush have been playing against The Wicked Witches of The West.

Brandon's game was at 2:30 and the rain had let up by then.  Brandon has turned into a great defender on his team.  He is a lot of fun to watch.  His team won their game, as they always do.





The day ended with pizza and a movie.  We watched Iron Man 2 and took turns falling asleep on the couches.  Today was also the opening day of the rifle deer hunt.  It was one opener I didn't mind missing.  I'm sure it was pretty miserable out there today.  If it wasn't raining, it was snowing in the mountains.  The first snow of the year showed up on the mountains here in the valley.  It was a good day to be watching the kids and falling asleep indoors.

first snow of the year
On Friday I said that one of the benefits of running, is being able to go out for a burger every once in awhile without the guilt.  Well, today I experienced one of the non-benefits. 

With the rain continuing to fall outside, it looked like a day for the treadmill.  Hard to get excited about that.  The other option was going down to the rec center.  They have an indoor track that is about 0.10 miles around.  Still not that exciting, but it beats the treadmill.  My goal was to run 10 miles today, that's a lot of little laps.  So I started to run, hoping to not get dizzy.

Heidi ran 5 miles before going downstairs to do some swimming.  When she was done and came back upstairs, I was just about to finish 11 miles.  I finished 11 miles and stopped to get a drink.  Heidi came over and said, "what's that?"




Well, what that is is a running non-benefit.  It's a bloody nipple!  I've had this issue before, never this bad, and tried some different things.  The little round band-aids won't stay on, the big band-aids stick to my hair and hurt to pull off.  I thought that I had toughened up my nipples by now, guess not.  I guess I will need to keep looking for a solution.  And to think that I was worried about wearing the white shirt because I was afraid that when it got wet with sweat all my hair would show through.  Just shows the level of my dedication.  I will bleed if I have to, in order to achieve my goals.  When it's all said and done, 1966 calories are now hanging out at the rec center looking for a band-aid.

No comments:

Post a Comment