Welcome to my blog! This blog is a tool that I am using in an effort to lose weight. My hope is that by publicly tracking my weight and my efforts to reduce it, I will do just that. However, there is more to my life than just trying to lose weight. Along the way, I will share some of that also. Thanks for reading.

About Me

My photo
South Jordan, Utah
I am the husband of one,and the father of four. Most days I even like them all. I love them every day.

Monday, October 4, 2010

I KEEP HEARING THE VOICES

As you know, today is weigh day.  To be honest, I have been a little nervous.  I did have a peak at my weight at some point, don't remember the exact day, so I was a little optimistic this morning.  But I was still nervous.  Nervous that I might be disappointed at the result of my week and begin doubting myself.  If there is something I am good at, it's doubting myself.  I think.

I got up early again this morning for my "last chance workout" run.  Heidi had to work last night which made it a little harder.  Without her here, who was I going to impress by pulling myself out of bed and throwing myself out on the street.  On the other hand, it was easier to get out of bed without having to look at someone staying in it.

The run itself went good. No, it went great.  I felt good.  I felt strong this morning after a restful day of celebrating football yesterday.  My ipod was even selecting good songs this morning.  Nothing worse that starting to feel tired, needing a pick-me-up and the ipod selects some slow country song that you remind yourself, again, that you need to take that one off.  I really need to set up some good playlists.  The run went so well that I just knew I was going to hear another voice at the end.  Who would it be today?  Tiger, again?  No.  It would have to be someone else this time.  Wouldn't it?  I mean, Tiger is pretty busy right now with the Ryder Cup going on.  Who would it be, if anyone?  As my run concluded the familiar voice of Tiger Woods congratulated me on running my fastest mile.  I was saddened at first that I didn't get someone new today.  But then it hit me.  With all that Tiger has going on this morning, in fact he was probably playing at the same time I finished my run, for him to take the time to congratulate me is quite impressive.  He really is trying to repair his past mistakes and improve his public perception.  Nice, but not enough.  I still like Phil better.  For those of you confused, I am running more than one mile each time.  It just means that somewhere during that run, I ran a mile distance faster than I have before on my other runs.

So I was now home again.  The kids were still sleeping, and Heidi was still at work.  It was just me and the scale.  I made the long walk up the stairs to the bathroom.  Silently praying the whole time.



Prayers Answered
  Sorry about the picture.  I don't know why it is flipping like that.  I am trying to find how to rotate it.  I will look more later.  Lunch break is over, need to get back to work.

3 comments:

  1. Good work! I am secretly trying to be you down to 200. And I am glad that I'm not the only one with model toes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you should get a pedicure before you take a picture like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew that someone would have a comment to make on my toes. Should have known it would be you two. Thanks for not letting me down. Sorry. There is no such thing as pretty feet/toes. Why spend money on a pedicure? That's like putting lipstick on a pig. This blog gives you nothing but the truth, and sometimes the truth is ugly.

    ReplyDelete