Welcome to my blog! This blog is a tool that I am using in an effort to lose weight. My hope is that by publicly tracking my weight and my efforts to reduce it, I will do just that. However, there is more to my life than just trying to lose weight. Along the way, I will share some of that also. Thanks for reading.

About Me

My photo
South Jordan, Utah
I am the husband of one,and the father of four. Most days I even like them all. I love them every day.

Friday, October 29, 2010

DOUBLE THE PLEASURE

Today, was a day that I have been looking forward to for a couple of weeks.  My day once again began before the sun came up.  But this time for something fun, not another run.  Today when the sun came up, it found me sitting on a boat at Strawberry Reservoir.


Strawberry is one of my favorite places to go ice fishing.  But today was the first chance I had to fish it from a boat.  My friend Eric, and his friend Jake, invited me to tag along with them.  I was scheduled to work today, but was I going to let that stop me?  Not a chance.  One phone call to the boss with a little coughing and moaning to sound convincing, and I was free to fish.  Just kidding.  I would never do that.  He reads this blog on occasion.

We trolled all around the whole Renegade area of the reservoir for about 7 hours without landing a single fish.  We got the occasional strike, but failed to set a hook in one.  After all those hours of talking about our wives and how lucky they are to have us in their lives, we accepted defeat and turned toward the boat ramp.  It was time to get home to those lucky women.  I don't know which wife is the luckiest.  We are all three pretty cool dudes.  I will leave that up to the wives to fight out.

As we were approaching the boat ramp, literally within a minute of reeling in our lines, Jake hooked into one.  At the same time, I felt one on the end of my line.  Because they hit at the exact same time, my first thought was that our lines had crossed.  I figured that one of us had hooked a fish and that's what we were both feeling.  As we were reeling in our lines, I was secretly hoping that the fish would be on my Jake's line.  To our surprise, we reeled in untangled lines.  As our trip was concluding, we had hooked into a double.



We drove all around that reservoir for 7 hours, and it took coming back near the boat ramp where it all started before we landed a fish.  A bad day of fishing?  You bet.  Was it better than working?  You bet.  Will I do it again?  I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment